Terrazzo floors are carefully crafted, surfaces that add luxury and sophistication to any commercial building. While they add elegance, they are also highly functional and versatile floors. Found in entryways, corridors, and sometimes used for stairs, this composite material can be precast or poured with a wide variety of materials and products like marble or glass. CSS Building Services provides expert terrazzo flooring installation, in addition to ongoing maintenance and upkeep needed to sustain your floors for long-term use. We know how to lay new terrazzo floors for the perfect fit, and use professional methods for preservation during cleaning and maintenance. Our experienced staff will protect your investment and take care of your corporate space, providing a sense of elegance every time you walk through the door.
Terrazzo Floor Installation Process
Whenever new terrazzo floors are installed, the first step in the process is to find a custom flooring solution that meets the needs of our client. This conversation usually begins with understanding the themes and colors of the space, along with specific branding, expected use, and many other factors.
CSS will coordinate the supply of your terrazzo flooring materials, and we have the ability to install several different variations of composite, from custom precast products to epoxy resins, textured cement, and finishes of all types.
Our terrazzo floor installation process provides you with the following and more:
- A custom floor designed and installed with materials, color schemes, and themes that fit your business and building aesthetic.
- Standard epoxy terrazzo floors with a variety of surface types that can be poured in place, or precast terrazzo that is manufactured and can be fit to match your specifications.
- Durable, long-lasting terrazzo floors that are meant to last, even with extensive use.
- Our experienced CSS installation team that uses professional supplies and resources to complete the installation in-house.
- First-class customer service that revolves around your goals and timelines, from the initial design to the final product.
CSS has the ability to create custom samples to assist in design decisions. Additionally, we believe in sourcing and installing materials that support the environment. Our company is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Additionally, our terrazzo flooring products and processes do not emit harmful toxins, and we use recycled materials.
Terrazzo Flooring Care and Maintenance
To sustain your flooring for extended use over many years, terrazzo floor maintenance should be performed regularly with general cleaning completed a few times per week, at a minimum.
While cleaning should be completed often, it’s important to clean correctly. For example, this type of specialized floor is installed with a professional sealant and specific instructions for cleaning. It’s best to avoid cleaning procedures that could damage the sealant, including certain waxes, harmful cleaning solutions, or sealants that aren’t designed for terrazzo floors.
CSS has the experience and resources for cleaning. Our services include:
- Daily, weekly, monthly cleaning plans.
- Mopping and sanitation of your floors with products that clean and condition your floor’s finish and won’t hurt the environment.
- Special care for high-traffic areas.
- The use of specialized cleaning machines that are designed for terrazzo floor cleaning.
- Cleaning of textured surfaces.
- Cleaning of floor accessories such as pads.
We can also complete terrazzo floor maintenance as necessary, such as:
- Removal of damaged sealant.
- Floor sanding and sealant re-coating.
- Repair/replacement of damaged flooring.
Partner with CSS
At CSS, we put the needs of your business first. By providing first-class building services, including terrazzo floor installation and maintenance, our teams provide you with beautiful corporate locations you can be proud of. Our services are meant for your presentation to customers and we strive to protect your staff with a healthy, clean work environment.
Since 1978, we have kept these values are the forefront of our services and look forward to working with you.
Partner with CSS, today!